Thursday, August 19, 2010

What a busy summer!

Ben and I have been having lots of fun this summer. So much fun that I haven't had time to update my blog!!!

It has been a hot summer. We have been reaching record highs here in Maryland - ugh! We've been thinking of things we can do to beat the heat. We've taken several trips to the mall - Ben is still a great shopper. We went to the Boyd's Bear Factory where Ben made a bear for his good friend, Jack. We found an indoor bounce place that Ben absolutely loves! I love it too but since I'm a big kid, I try not to get too excited when we go.

We just returned from a trip to Ohio. Ben spent time with the Beckett side of the family, the Koesel side of the family and his good friends. We to Jack's house to deliver the bear and hang out for a bit. Ben and Jack are like two old men together - they are so cute. Ben also had a chance to see his favorite girl, Brynn. We spent the morning, playing with all of her girl toys. Ben had a scared/confused look on his face most of the time but had fun. When he returned from the visit with Brynn, Grandma asked if Brynn was pretty. Of course Ben said she was. Then Grandma asked if Brynn was prettier than mommy. Being the diplomat that he is, he said we were both pretty - way to go Ben! We also went to visit Aunt Monster. We went to a county fair where Ben rode a bunch of kiddie rides. Aunt Monster and I enjoyed "people watching" while we were there.

Ben will be starting preschool in just a little over a week. He is so excited. I'm excited for him but will miss my little pal those few hours every week. I know he'll love it and I'm looking forward to picking him up after school and hearing about all of the fun stuff he is doing and learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment