Monday, April 2, 2012

The Egg Hunt!

Holidays used to be a hassle for me. It meant a bunch of last minute shopping, housecleaning, guests and much more. Holidays still require all of those things but I no longer consider them a hassle. Now, I love holidays. Every, single one of them! Since Ben came into our lives, holidays are beyond fun. This year we hosted an Easter egg hunt here at the house. Ben had a bunch of his adorable little friends come over for an egg-citing afternoon. We started with a very intense game of pin the ear on the bunny. Next, the kiddos decorated bags to use during the hunt. When the administrative work was done, we started our quest! Ben, his friends, and their bunny ears invaded the backyard, searching for prized eggs. This event required a lot of preparation, but to see the smiles on their cute faces, made it totally worth the effort! When I was putting Ben to bed after the party, he asked me what is the next holiday. I told him Memorial Day would be after Easter. With a crazy amount of enthusiasm, he asked if we could have a Memorial Day party. I guess I better start planning..... The Egg Hunters!

No comments:

Post a Comment